Monday 30 January 2012

Misc Monday: Updates and Such


Disclaimer: I am seriously lazy and have once again semi-stolen this segment from Jessica at Thoughts At One In The Morning and Jenny at Alternate Readality .

I've decided that instead of spending all my time agonizing over fun misc things to write about (which takes FOREVER because I am pretty boring), I'm going to update you guys on how my week has been/will be.

READING:
- Have started Magic Strikes (Kate Daniels series, book 3). Am completely in love with Curran. Dimitri Belikov who???
- Am halfway through Angelfall by Susan Ee, Am starting Hammered by Kevin Hearn and Muse by Rebecca Lim. When it rains, it really pours and I've gone from having nothing to read (well nothing inspiring anyway) to have too much to read.
- Read a few chapters of Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi but I will reserve judgement until I've read a bit more.

WRITING:
- Super Dooper hot weather in Melbourne Australia, meaning my laptop has gone into overdrive and keeps shutting itself off. So apologies for my lack of presence. Writing has been a bit difficult even though I'm only about 5 chapter off finishing Seeder's Poison.
- My brain is refusing to come up with a good enough ending to Seeder's Poison without it seeming like an anti-climax so I'm combating that by avoiding the whole thing. Very counter productive.
- As usual, I have to many half a$$ed story ideas rolling around in my head with nowhere to go because I am too lazy to start the proper research. It's all my fault really.

TV:
- This season of Gossip Girl is the best ever. No Jenny. No Vanessa and I am so in love with Blair and Dan right now.
- Am afriad to start watching Homeland because of all the hype.
- Stopped watching Ringer for some unknown reason but will start up again once I have some more time.
- In other news, all you writers out there, if you haven't seen The Simpsons, season 23 episode 6, you need to do it! It's about writers and is so on the money. I couldn't stop laughing.

LIFE:
- Have a writer's workshop coming up on Wed. Don't know if I can be bothered going.
- Have two birthdays on the weekend. Don't know if I can be bothered going.
- Have a birthday next weekend. Don't know if I can be bothered going.
Yes Year is clearly working out for me!

~ Lan.

26 comments:

  1. Kill off all your characters in the last chapter. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the whole premise of my story anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. Most of the story is about the various ways people can die in the forest of the new world.

      Delete
  3. I am kind of losing interest in Ringer. I blame the absurdly long hiatus.

    I hate that with writing. Everything goes well until you hit that point where it's like "crap. nothing is a good enough ending."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so into Ringer for ages and then suddenly I can't be bothered watching it anymore. I had writers block, but it's hard to think of something more exciting than death!

      Delete
  4. Looks like you've got some amazing reading to do! Isn't Curran the best?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm almost done with Magic Strikes. Am a bit torn between my dislike to alpha behavior and my love of Curran. Very hypocritical of me...

      Delete
  5. Good grief, you're remarkably busy. It's scary when you start making a list of all the places your time goes, isn't it? What's even scarier is making a second list with all the things you SHOULD have done and didn't! Good luck with Seeder's Poison. I'm sure the ending is already there, waiting for you to find it!

    Mike

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just trying to make it look like I'm really busy but in reality I'm just wastig time reading and watching tv! The end is almost in sight. I hope.

      Delete
  6. "Dimitri Belikov who??" *giggles* Yay, Curran!

    Endings are SO difficult to write. I read somewhere that a good ending should mirror the beginning (or an early, failed conflict) in some way. Thought it sounded wise; haven't managed to pull it off successfully yet...good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's not enough Curran in this book! I don't care about Saiman! Argh! that's a good tip. I'll try not to make it seem too anti climactic. You can give me suggestions when we critique swap ;p

      Delete
  7. I'm glad you've been able to get somewhere with your story! I finally pulled mine up last night and worked on revisions.

    Yes on Gossip Girl! I am with you there on the Dan and Blair thing. What irritates me is on every poll online everyone goes for Chuck and Blair. Don't get me wrong, I love those two together, but I love D and B more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wont let myself start anything else until I finish this book. Otherwise knowing me, it will never get done! I love Blair and Chuck but it's too much drama and there will always be something in the way. Plus Blair and Dan are so funny. Although, dude needs a haircut bigtime.

      Delete
  8. Hi, Lan! I'm your newest follower. I wish it were hot here. Instead it's rainy and cold. Can you send some sunshine my way? All it has to do is cross the Pacific Ocean. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Emily! thanks for the follow. Always glad for some extra writerly insight. Am following you back. Urgh you can have all the hot weather! I'll fedex it :) they go everywhere now don't they?

      Delete
  9. I need to see that one Simpsons episode you mentioned. I think I've seen one little scene and it was super funny. I have no idea where I could go to see it, though.

    Hope the reading is going well! You sound like you have a lot going at once. Good luck with that. Sorry to hear that your computer shuts itself off. That sucks! How can you get anything done on it? I hope the heat dies down some so it will work normally again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cathy, I got air conditioning!!!! Doesn't help the computer but making life easier for me to read up a storm. So much to read so little time. Writing is not moving at all but thinking about self publishing is making it feel less pressured.

      Delete
  10. LOL, you're depression is amusing to me...sorry. I can't believe you and Jessica watch Gossip Girl. Maybe I've misjudged it and should check it out. I'm glad you have so many good books to read at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would enjoy Gossip Girl either but it's grows on you. Plus I like the dresses :)

      Delete
  11. No idea how on earth you think you're boring because I'm already thoroughly entertained. If you want to see boring, check out my page. Nothing for 2 weeks :( School and work sucks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in no way boring. You're actually busy. I'm self made busy eg. Massively procrastinating! Oh and btw, the thread thing is all google not me at all.

      Delete
  12. I really need to get going on the Kate Daniels series. I'm stuck 3 chapters into the first one, but that's more because I've been busy than because I don't like it. Must keep reading until I find Curran! And your comment about Gossip Girl randomly made me totally want to watch all the seasons straight through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, stick with it! You won't be sorry! Curran is like Jonah Griggs on steroids!

      Delete
  13. You? Boring? Pshhhh, no way, Lan! ;) <3

    Oh my gosh, more praise for the Kate Daniels series from you?? I REALLY need to get my hands on the first book -- any guy that can make you forget Dimitri is definitely one I need to meet! x) And YAAAAY, I can't believe you only have 5 more chapters of your book to go! That is SO exciting! You're just that much closer to your dream! :D

    Borrowed or not, this is such a cool idea for a post, Lan! :) LOL and I stopped watching Gossip Girl after the end of last season, but hearing you like it so much makes me really want to start again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am late to the party! Ah! Good luck with the writing. My computer did a head dive last week and decided to wage war, luckily I have won! bwahahahaha! The printer on the other hand...

    Beth ^_^
    http://sweetbooksnstuff.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I believe in comment karma. Comment and I shall return :)