Alex J. Cavanaugh where totally insecure writers can get together and share the things that are making us go argh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been writing for a little over 4 years now and in the entire time I don't think I've ever sat down and written a list of the reasons why I want to write. Since I am a connoisseur of lists I thought I'd feature it this month. So here goes:
1. I write because I have imaginary friends in my head that demand to be let out once in a while
2. I write because I have stories I want to tell and hope that others will want to read.
3. I write to tell the stories that I want to read.
4. I write because the process is soothing and I can direct my energy into a positive medium
5. I write so that I have some sense of control over the lives of my characters in this turbulent world we live in.
6. I write because I can't do the things I want to people I don't like in the real world so I do it in my books.
7. Lastly, and very capitalistically, I write because some day I want to be able to say that somewhere out there someone has decided that out of all the books in the world they want to use their hard earned money to buy mine.
How about you? Why do you write?